Friday 20 November 2015

Christmas cheer on the cheap

 Christmas is coming and personally I love it, but I know a lot of people find this time of year very stressful. I hate to think of people missing out on the excitement and magic as they worry about how they will afford the presents. This is not what it is about. Corny I know, easy to say I know, but seriously I've had such a contrast of Christmas's. I've had the skint one's and the extravagant Christmas's, and I have to say the ones where I made more effort with my time, rather than money were the best! It's so true, give your presence not just presents. With the 1st of December not so much creeping up on us, as running after us screaming "It's Chriiiiiistmaaaaaas!!!" in a brummy accent, I would like to share with you one of my favourite ideas to create the magic of Christmas for as cheap as you like with my list of  'advent things to do'.

Now this doesn't have to mean spending loads of money on days out, or expensive ingredients or props. It can be simply the things you already do in the lead up to Christmas, but dressed up as an 'advent surprise' I guarantee the children will love it. It will create the magic and suspense that Christmas is all about. I've put my list as an idea. Anything from watching a movie together with the duvets, or drinking a hot chocolate together while listening to Christmas music can be put on the list. I visited my local Poundshop for most of my supplies last year.





















The girls making their paper chains
Hot chocolate and whipped cream
                                                   
Gingerbread house we decorated
 
The girls decorating their cookie tree

No comments:

Post a Comment