Monday 2 November 2015

How to pocket more pounds

I thought I would share some more tips with you on saving a bit of money, after all Christmas is sprinting towards us now! If there are any of you with young kids and they like the tins of spaghetti shapes for their lunch then you will know they cost quite a bit if you're buying a few at a time. I can save you pounds, instead of buying a few small tins, or even large ones to portion up, buy the basic brand spaghetti. It's around 20p-30p in most supermarkets, and get a jar of the cheap tomato sauce for bolognese, this ranges from around 30p-80p. Then simply cook what you need each time, it lasts longer than an opened tin and you can portion the exact amount you need. As spaghetti takes about 10 minutes to cook it's not much longer than heating up a jar in a pan. If your little one likes you can grate cheese on it or stick some chopped sausages in for a more filling meal or serve with garlic bread for a cheap, easy and tasty lunch. My children love it so does my step-son who is quite a picky eater and he gave it a big thumbs up! The same went for my cheesy pasta which is as simple as the tomato pasta. Instead of buying tins of macaroni cheese buy the basic brand pasta, very cheap for a bag 29p in Lidl! All I do with this is serve it with my home-made cheese sauce (recipe on my vegetable lasagne post) literally cook the pastas and then add the sauce to the drained pastas and stir. Very simple and very tasty, also you know exactly what you're feeding them when you've cooked it yourself and can't stress how cheap they are!

No comments:

Post a Comment