Monday 12 October 2015

A do nothing day

We decided on Dalby forest yesterday where i took some beautiful autumn pictures! We enjoyed the cheap picnic, glad it was outdoors with the crumbs! The beautiful colours from yesterday have given way to a more murky scene today. It's one of those do nothing days, a day for catching up with my online life. My boys are laid sleeping on the sofa catching up on the hours they lost last night, thanks to Chase's teeth. I've been wondering about what to write about today as I don't want my blog just being about food. I said it was going to be a place to share tips about how to save money too so if anyone is reading my posts (thank you) please feel free to leave a little comment to share any ideas or just to say hi I would really appreciate it. So no food today however I was thinking about a cheap effective way I decorated my daughter's bedroom. I decided on a family tree on her wall so first I free handed a pencil version onto her wallpaper. Then when I was happy with it I bought some black paint and filled it in. I also bought some stick on butterflies and some of the plastic picture hooks that don't need glue or nails. I bought some picture frames off Amazon and hung them on the end of the branches. The finished piece looks rather impressive and worked out very cheap.













2 comments:

  1. Amy thats brilliant,what a fab idea! Those would look good in any room too. Might have to try this. 😉 Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda thank you yes it would look good anywhere and any type of tree! Let your imagination go wild. Thanks for reading and commenting Amy xx

      Delete