Friday 16 October 2015

Transforming a room on a budget

Kid's furniture looking shabby? Don't have the spare cash to replace it? I may be able to help you! My daughter's furniture had got a few marks on it and was looking rather worse for wear. There was nothing wrong with it so I didn't see the point in buying new when I could just give it a facelift. I bought some sticky back plastic with an animal print design and some purple paint. I painted a feature wall in their room and bought a cheap zebra print duvet cover (Amazon I think). I also covered a chair with some zebra fabric to make it fit in with the new decor. 

As you can see in the next picture, the before and after results on the wardrobe door. I removed the wooden knobs and put the sticky back plastic on the door taking care not to get bubbles in it.

 After I did this I decided the knobs would look boring plain and as I'd done a purple wall I had some paint left over so using this I painted the door knobs. My daughter had some purple sparkly nail varnish I used this to coat the knobs. It looked pretty impressive I thought!
 
I repeated this process on the drawer fronts of their desk too. It really was so easy and quite theraputic!
The girls loved their new room and it didn't cost a great deal at all. I just wanted to show you that even on a low budget you really can transform a room or liven up some old furniture with a bit of paint and nail varnish! It was also fun to do and I was happy my daughters had new furniture without having to buy any.....bonus!




No comments:

Post a Comment