Sunday 11 October 2015

To laze or not to laze....

Ok so it's Sunday, the lord says we should rest so who am I to argue? Although it's 10am and already I've assembled a cheap quick and easy picnic using the treats we made yesterday. I've also made some really quick, easy, cheap and delicious cheese and onion pasties (cooking as I type they smell lush!). Dilemma now as it's beautiful outside, a proper fresh autumn day with greens, yellows, reds and golds everywhere and I can hear my camera shouting me, although I'm so tired thanks to my little cherub Chase and his love of early morning cuddles. If he wasn't so cute he would most definitely be featured in one of those adverts pleading for £3 a month. So I'm undecided as to where to take this picnic I'll let you know later but for now here's the recipe for the pasties now they're ready!

Cheese and onion pasties

Block of puff pastry
2 potatoes
Small onion
100g cheese grated

Peel and chop potatoes into same sized chunks and boil until soft enough for a fork to stick in them with no effort.
Mash with a splash of milk.
Add cheese and onion and mix together, leave to stand until cool.
Roll out pastry, not too thick as it puffs up, and cut into squares, rectangles, circles, whatever you fancy there are no rules!
Spoon a dollop of mixture in the middle of your shape and fold over the pastry to create your pasty shape.
Squash the edges with your fingers or a fork if you want it to look fancy.
If you want golden pasties beat an egg and brush the tops, poke a couple of air holes in the top and bake on 180 for 20 mins or util nice and golden.
Don't worry if the pasty has spewed its filling out this can all be scooped back in when you take them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment