Monday 19 October 2015

Home made hats

While I was pregnant with my third (and definitely last) child, I had a lot of time on my hands. This resulted in severe boredom and it was then I discovered jumper hats! Using old jumpers/ tops that nobody wore any more I made some little baby hats from them! Firstly I cut 2 templates out of paper and pinned them to the jumpers. 
Then I cut them out and pinned them together. Take care to make sure the fabric you want to show on your hat is the fabric touching on the middle as you will turn it inside out when you have finished stitching.
Using whatever stitch you can do I think I used a running stitch (not sure as an no professional sewer!) Make sure you sew it all the way round not leaving too big a gap between stitches and when you're finished turn inside out. 
These were very therapeutic to make in the last trimester and looked so cute on my son when he was born! Very easy, free and unique! You can also make mittens in the same way to match with the leftover fabric.                                                

No comments:

Post a Comment