Thursday 22 October 2015

More tips from the tightwad

Hello! I'd like to apologise for the lack of blogging over the last couple of days it's been tough with the teething toddler, I resemble something off  'Night of the living dead', on a positive though it's nearly Halloween so I should be fine for my costume. So I would like to share a bit more with you on how to keep the shopping bill low. I set myself a challenge this week to try and live on what was in the cupboards instead of doing the generic shop for the sake of it, as I wonder how many of us shop out of habit rather than necessity? I have to say I'm surprised we've made it to Thursday (alive) without having to buy anything other than a couple of essentials ( milk and butter so far) so this will have saved us money. Okay maybe only a short term solution, but if you're having a 'skint week', as we call them, you don't need to worry too much if you can knock something up out of your cupboards! I have been known to Google the ingredients I have and see what recipes it comes up with. I challenge you not to go for the next shop and see if you can live on what's there at least for a few days. I find this mentality helps to overcome the stress of not having enough money to buy lots of shopping and have always had this attitude whether I've been really hard up or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment